City: Machu Picchu, Mountains // Activities: Visit of Machu Picchu //
Welcome to the most popular tourist attraction in Peru. A tour to Machu Picchu: many call it "the most beautiful place of Perú". Do you want to get to know the imperial city of the Incas? Enjoy a day trip to Machu Picchu that will take you through all the roads that were made by Peruvian ancestors. Get to know all the details about Pachutec, about Hiram Bingham, the discoverer of Machu Picchu and about all the historical events and stories related to it. Be prepared for vivid descriptions of the tour guide that make you feel like you were time traveling and enjoy what makes Peru so popular in the entire world. If you're interested in combining this tour with another one of Cusco's highlights, check out the Machu Picchu day trip with the alternative tour to the rainbow mountains (special price for limited time only!).
- 03:50 am: Pick up at the hotel (for all the hotels close to the Plaza de Armas)
- 04:00 am: Trip to Ollantaytambo
- 06:40 am: Trip to Machu Picchu
- 08:00 am: Arrival to the town of Aguas Calientes Machu Picchu
- 08:30 am: Ascend in the bus to the citadel of Machu Picchu.
- 09:10 am: Entrance to the citadel of Machu Picchu
- 12:00 pm: Downhill in bus to the town of Machu Picchu
- 12:30 pm: Arrival to the town of Aguas Calientes
- 1:00 pm: Lunch (NOT INCLUDED)
- 2:30 pm o 7:00 pm: Departure to Ollantaytambo
- 4:00 pm o 8:30 pm: Arrival to Ollantaytambo
- 6:00 pm o 10:00 pm: Arrival to the City of Cusco
- Roundtrip tourist train tickets
- Transfer from the hotel (for all the hotels close to the Plaza de Armas)
- Transportation Cuzco/Ollantaytambo/Cuzco
- Transfer in Aguas Calientes
- Entrance to Machu Picchu sanctuary
- Roundtrip in bus CONSETUR
- Professional bilingual guide
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu (only for: Inca Rail (normal or Vistadome) + Huayna Picchu)
- Everyday from 03:50 am to 10:00 pm
- Day trip
- Wear light shoes, a long sleeve shirt, long pants and bring a raincoat during rain season
- Drink lots of water during the excursion
- Take insect repellent, sunblock, sunglasses and a hat for sunny days with you
- Use one backpack or briefcase per person
- Bring your camera or video camera
Terms of Reservation:
- Minimum 1 week before (so that the train tickets can be reserved before).
- In case you would like to climb the Huayna Picchu, please make your reservation at least 2 months in advance.
Terms of Cancellation:
- If you booked the tourist train to Machu Picchu it will only be possible to refund 70% if cancelled 1 week before the tour and 50% if it is 5 days before the tour.
- In case the entrance tickets (Machu Picchu and/or Huayna Picchu) are bought by us already (Tickets that include Huayna Picchu: normally 2 months in advance to avoid booking problems due to the daily Huayna Picchu limit; Machu Picchu: approx. 1 week in advance during low season and 2 weeks during high season), the price of those tickets cannot be returned or claimed.
- If you want to bring your kids you can acquire their tour here.
- In the case of flight delays, inconveniences with the train schedule or bad weather (rain, landslides, etc.) the provider neither we are not responsible.
- There are two-time slots for visits to Machu Picchu:
- 6:00 - 12:00 y 12:00 - 17:30
- If you want to go to Huayna Picchu please consider the following:
- You have to make your reservation at least 2 months before
- There are 2 schedules:
- 7:00 am - 8:00 am
- 10:00 am - 11:00 am
Information about the Local Operator:
We only select the best tour operators whose services comply with our security standards, good equipment and a fair price for every destination.
After having made the purchase you receive an e-mail with the complete contact information of the local tour operator.