City: Machu Picchu, Mountains // Activities: Visit of Machu Picchu //
Welcome to the most popular tourist attraction in Peru. A tour to Machu Picchu is what many people call their most beautiful experience in Perú. With us, you will enjoy a private day trip to Machu Picchu that will take you to all the must visit places of the ancient city of the Incas. Be prepared for vivid descriptions of the tour guide that make you feel like you are time traveling and enjoy what makes Peru so popular in the entire world!
If you’re short on time, this day tour to Machu Picchu from Cusco with or without Machu Picchu Mountain is the way to go for you. Even though a lot of time will be spent on transfers (cars and trains), the experience is well worth it. If you have one additional night, we recommend doing the Machu Picchu overnight tour, which includes a stay in Aguas Calientes (Machu Picchu town). With this tour, you can sleep a little longer and have a more relaxed experience.
You will be picked up at your hotel in Cusco at a convenient time and head to the train station in Ollantaytambo. There, you will board the train to the village of Aguas Calientes (2000 m).
Upon arrival at the train station, our guide will be waiting for you to accompany you to the bus that brings you to the entrance of Machu Picchu (the bus ride takes about 25 minutes). From this point on, the private Machu Picchu tour will start and we will head to the “Casa del Guardián” to enjoy the typical panoramic views of Machu Picchu. This is the perfect spot to take various photos. Afterwards, we’ll move on to the next viewpoints from where our guide will show you the different parts of the Machu Picchu ruins we will visit. The guided tour takes around 2 hours and we will visit the agricultural sector and then the ancient city of the Incas (temple of the sun, inca palace, the holy square, the three windows, the main temple, the holy stone, the sector of the three doorways and the mortars sector).
After the guided Machu Picchu tour, you will return to the town of Aguas Calientes by bus and you have the option to eat in one of the many restaurants. In the afternoon, you will take the train back and arrive in Ollantaytambo (please arrive at the station 30 minutes before the departure time of your train). When you arrive at the train station in Ollantaytambo, please leave the station because outside our guide will be waiting for you to take you to your hotel in Cusco.
- Round trip Expedition train tickets
- Entrance to Machu Picchu
- Entrance to Machu Picchu Mountain (optional and depending on availability*)
- Shuttle tickets Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu - Aguas Calientes
- Airport pickup and transport to your hotel in Cusco (only Cusco city center)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional English-speaking private guide
*If you reserve the tour at least 1 month in advance, it’s very likely that there are still tickets available. Less than 1 month, most likely all tickets are sold out.
- Daily departures
- Wear light shoes, a long sleeve shirt, long pants and bring a raincoat
- Bring your original passport for the Machu Picchu tour.
- Drink lots of water during the excursion
- Take insect repellent, sunblock, sunglasses and a hat for sunny days with you
- Use only hand luggage for your tour to Machu Picchu, as the maximum weight allowed is 5 kg (you can store your luggage at your hotel in Cusco)
- Bring your camera or video camera
Terms of Reservation:
- Minimum 1 week before. The earlier you book, the better the train times we can organize for you.
- Minimum 2 people
Terms of Cancellation:
- There won’t be any refunds for this tour as we proceed with the purchase of the entrance tickets, the train tickets etc. as soon as you have made your reservation.
Pickup / Drop-off:
- Pickup from your hotel
- Drop-off at your hotel
- If you want to go to Machu Picchu Mountain you will visit the archaeological complex of Machu Picchu for 2 hours with our guide before he will drop you off at the starting point of Machu Picchu Mountain.
- The seats in the train are chosen by the train company itself; there is no possibility to influence your seat from our side, but you will be sitting next to each other.
- In the case of flight delays, inconveniences with the train schedule or bad weather (rain, landslides, etc.) we do not assume any responsibility, but your travel insurance most likely will offer coverage for these cases. This also holds for the airport pickup. The driver arrives 5 minutes after your arrival and waits up to 25 minutes outside on the parking lot when leaving the building (with a sign and your name on it). In case of any delays, you’ll have to get to your hotel on your own as the driver has to continue with his work. For any refund on this service, please claim it with your airline.
- Changes or upgrades are subject to 1.) availability and 2.) an extra charge as stated in our Terms and conditions.