City: Puno, Mountains // Activities: Visit of Uros floating islands //
A tour to the Uros floating islands is a must for everyone that visits Puno. The floating islands of Uros, that are part of the Titicaca National Reserve, are artificial islands made of totora reeds, an aquatic plant that grows in the Lake Titicaca. During this tour you will not only learn about the islands but also about the people, the "People of the Lake", as they call themselves, that live on them and all of their traditions. Get ready to get to know a special lifestyle you most likely have not seen before!
From Puno's port, it takes about 25 minutes until arriving at the Uros islands. During the Uros islands tour, you will get to know the people's customs, their traditions and their adversity against modernization oddities. They will tell you more about their process of intertwining the totora in order to maintain their artificial islands. Today, there are over 80 islands of this type in Puno. During this tour, you will visit 2 of them.
- Tourist transportation and hotel pick-up
- Private bilingual tour guide (English and Spanish) and shared tour on the boat
- Entrance fee
- 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- 3:30 pm - 6:30 pm
- Comfortable sneakers for walking and light clothing for the mornings but winter clothing for cold night
- Sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat
- Eat light meals, drink a lot of water
- You might want to drink coca leaf tea (this helps to fight against high altitude sickness)
Terms of Reservation:
- Minimum 2 days before
- Minimum 2 people
Terms of Cancelation:
- If you cancel up to 3 days before the start of the tour, you'll receive a 100% refund.
- If you cancel less than 3 days before the start of the tour, you'll receive a 40% refund.
Information about the Local Operator:
We only select the best tour operators whose services comply with our security standards, good equipment and a fair price for every destination.