Ciudad: Colca (Arequipa), Sierra // Actividades: trekking, bird watching, thermal waters //
Beautiful landscapes and stunning views are waiting for you if you decide to be part of this amazing tour in Arequipa. You will do trekking at altitudes of more than 3.000 m.a.s.l. where you will visit the different tourist places that have the white city. On one side, up close you will be able to see the monumental Colca Canyon whereas on the other side you can observe the impressive volcanoes that are part of the Arequipa geography. Get ready for an exceptional tour with an excellent sightseeing program in the wonderful city of Arequipa.
The operator will pick you up at your hotel around 6:00 am. After traveling two hours, you will take the main route that goes to the Colca Canyon. During this route, you will pass by different sectors of the National Reserve of "Salinas y Aguada Blanca". The first sector is "Pampas Cañahuas", where you will see "vicuñas", which are non-domesticated camelids. Then, you will pass by “Chasquipampa", “Bofedales de Tocra Pampa" where you will see different kinds of birds like black ibis, Andean ducks, Andean gulls, "huallatas" and " El Pajaro Bobo" among others. Near this place, you can also find herds of llamas and alpacas. Subsequently, you will pass the "Mirador de los Volcanes", at 4850 m.a.s.l., where you will have an outstanding view of different volcanoes and a partial view of the Andean Mountain Range.
After approximately 4 hours of traveling, you will arrive at Chivay, the capital of the Colca Valley, which is located at 3700 m.a.s.l. 15 minutes later, you will arrive at Coporaque village, where you will go hiking in the pre-Inca ruins for 2 hours having a majestic view of the Colca Valley. Then, you will come back to Coporaque village, where you will have lunch in a house of a local family and where you have the opportunity to find out more about their customs. After lunch, you will continue your road trip towards the Cabanaconde village. On the way, you can stop anywhere and you will be able to visit different viewpoints such as Antahuilque, Mollepunku, and Wayrapunkupre to take fantastic pictures from there. Also, you will see ceremonial stones, the Inca terraces known as "Andenes" and the colonial church of the village of Yanque. After these visits, you will arrive at the condor cross, which is placed at the entry of the Colca Canyon. There won't be many people and if you are lucky you can see how condors return to their nests. Don’t worry if you don’t see any condor the first day because you will be able to return the next day in the morning.
Before arriving at Cabanaconde village you will stop at Tapay viewpoint to see the village inside the Colca Canyon. Then, you will trek without any difficulty during one hour from the Tapay viewpoint, located at 3700 m.a.s.l. to Cabanaconde, which is at 3287 m.a.s.l. On this trek, you will cross the pre-Inca terraces, where you can see local people doing their daily activities. To finish this fantastic day, you will see a beautiful sunset from the Colca Canyon.
- The treks are optional, if you prefer, you can stay in the vehicle with the driver, so you can take more photos. At the end of the treks, the driver will pick up the rest of the group.
- You will stay the night in a hotel in Cabanaconde.
- With this special program, you will visit viewpoints to see the canyon and the flight of the condors in the afternoon (without tourists).
DAY 2: COLCA CANYON TOUR
At 5:00 am, you will leave your hotel and after a 20-minute trek, you will arrive at the best viewpoint of the Colca Canyon, the great viewpoint of Achachihua. Here, there won't be tourists and you will be able to see the sunrise from the Colca Canyon. Besides, you will see the Oasis inside the canyon, the treasure of the pre-Inca trails and the Huaruro Waterfall, in the right bank of the Colca Canyon. Then, to come back to Cabanaconde, you will trek for 20 minutes. In total, It will be a rather easy round-trip trek of 40 minutes at 3300 m.a.s.l.
At 7:00 am, after having had breakfast, you will go to the condor cross, which is 15 minutes away by car. Here, you will stay about 1 hour trying to see the famous condor’s flight. After having seen the condors, you will go hiking from the condor cross at 3700 m.a.s.l. to the next viewpoint named “The Cure” at 3600 m.a.s.l. For the last trek, you will go along the edge of the canyon and find amazing natural viewpoints and during the trek, you can also see condors. It is an easy trek that lasts between 40 minutes to 1 hour. Then, at the end of the trek, you will continue with the transport towards Pinchollo village. Before getting to Maca village you will take a detour and cross the Colca River towards the right bank of the Colca valley.
- If there was no time to visit the thermal waters the first day, you can enjoy them on the second day. They have a temperature of 38 °C ( 100 °F).
- You will have lunch and then you will head back to Arequipa.
- Professional English speaking guide
- Private tourist transportation and an experienced driver
- Night hotel in Cabanaconde (3287 m.a.s.l.) Hotel Kuntur Wasi***
- Day 1 .- Lunch and dinner in a local family house in Cabanaconde
- Day 2. - Breakfast and lunch in a Hotel or a buffet in a restaurant
- Oxygen and first aid kit for all the tour participants including the staff
- Briefing trip information one day before in your hotel or in the Office
- Entrance fee to the National Park - Colca Canyon
- Departure 6:00 am from Arequipa
- 2 days and 1 night
- Bring Sunblock and mosquito repellent
- Bring Trekking shoes
- Bring comfortable and warm clothing
- Know about altitude sickness
- Have a steady walking experience
Terms of Reservation:
- Minimum 2 days before
Terms of Cancellation:
- 100% penalty for not being present
- Refunds are not accepted
- Deferrals are accepted within 7 days in advance as long as it is not within holidays
Pickup / Drop-off:
- Pickup from hotel (if your hotel is in the city center) or from the cathedral at the Plaza de Armas
- Drop-off at Plaza de Armas
- 8 passengers at the most
Information about the Local Operator:
We only select the best operators whose services comply with our security standards, equipment, and fair price for every destination.