City: Callao (Lima), Coast // Activities: Swimming with sea lions, bird watching, Palomino islands boat tour //
Why you'll love this experience:
Share this exclusive adrenaline kick of being surrounded by 300+ sea lions with your partner or a friend!
Better than watching the wildlife in Paracas; this is Peru's Galapagos!
30 minutes with the sea lions in the water!
Perfect in case you only have a half day in Lima or a flight in the late afternoon/evening!
Ready for one of the top things to do in Lima? With this tour you can get to know one of the tourist sites in Lima that not many tourists will get to know: The Palomino Islands. And apart from that, have you ever thought about swimming with sea lions? This could become your favorite activity and one of the funniest memories from your trip to Peru. An enormous population of sea lions awaits you on an immense island before Lima's coast to have a unique experience where you will not only swim with them, but also get to know their natural habitat. And if that were not enough, you could even be lucky enough to have penguins join the fun. Be part of this great adventure and use your chance to swim with sea lions in Lima! For more info, you can read our blog post about swimming with sea lions in Lima.
Video of what it's like to swim with sea lions in Lima:
- Boat tour (max. 36 people on the boat)
- Swimming with sea lions near the Palomino Islands for aprox. 30 minutes
- Unlimited beverages, snacks, coffee and tea during the boat tour (restroom on board)
- Wetsuit and life jacket
- Transport from hotel to the port
- Diving equipment (nor do we rent it as it was stolen in the past)
- S/ 11 for the entrance to SERNANP
- Monday to Friday: 11:30 am (meeting time will be 30 minutes before the start of the tour)
- Return: 03:30 pm approx.
- Saturdays, Sundays and national holidays (29.06, 29 & 30.07, 29 & 30.08, 01.11, 27.12): 10:00 am
- Return: 02:30 pm approx.
- In case you do not know how to swim, for safety reasons, it is advisable not to get off the boat. However, you can participate and stay in the boat to see the sea lions.
- Bring swimwear (recommended to put them on in advance), a towel, a windbreaker and sunscreen
- There will be a little hand-shower to get rid of the salt after you've left the ocean (it's not a private shower, but perfect to wash off the salt).
Terms of Reservation:
- Please send us your passport number/full name/birthdate/origin to our confirmation email to register you at the harbor police
- Minimum 3 days before
- Price for kids (2-12 years) is $44; please contact us if you want to do this activity with your kids.
- Minimum age for the boat ride is 4 years and minimum age for swimming with sea lions is 8 years (previous authorisation by parents necessary)
- After the booking has been made, please respond to our automatic email asking about necessary information for the tour, such as pickup spot, food preferences and more.
Terms of Cancellation:
- The experience will be rescheduled if the weather conditions are bad.
- If you cancel the experience up to 3 days before your reserved date you will receive a refund of 40%. There will not be any refunds if you cancel less than 3 days before the start of the tour.