City: San Isidro (Lima), Coast // Activities: Bike tour //
Do you want to get to know more about some of the top places in Lima in an unconventional way? This bike tour is for you: Get on a bike and get to know the Huaca Huallamarca, its museum of the site in San Isidro and appreciate the pre-Inca way of life. Also, in the Faro de la Marina in Miraflores they would narrate historical data about this: year of construction, who owns and who designed it. You will visit the Park of love, emblematic place to which couples frequently attend, and you will discover the history of the sculpture El Beso. In addition, you will visit the commercial center Larcomar, second most visited place in Peru. You will also get to know El Olivar Park, a witness of a miracle of San Martín de Porres. Make up your mind, take part in this exciting adventure.
Validity: Buy TODAY and you have up to 5 months to reserve the experience.
Contact us to check the availability of the tour before buying.
MEETING POINT: The tour starts and ends at the La Marina Lighthouse in Miraflores (El Faro de la Marina).
The tour starts at the iconic lighthouse El Faro de La Marina, located in the Cisneros seafront (Malecón Cisneros). You will visit the Love Park (Parque del Amor), whose design was inspired by the famous Park Güell, in Barcelona, by the renowned architect Antonio Gaudí; discovering the story behind the sculpture El Beso, the centerpiece of the park. You shall then continue the tour to the exclusive mall Larcomar, very popular among tourists, being the second place with the largest number of visitors in our country, after the imperial citadel of Cusco. You will ride along the Olive Park ( Parque El Olivar), lung of the city dating from the sixteenth century, to learn about the history of its foundation, when the conqueror Francisco Pizarro gave the "El Rosario" estate to the Dominican Congregation, wherein the 1620's, San Martín de Porres did an amazing miracle: he planted an olive tree where it could not possibly grow, known as the "Olive of Happiness", which is still there, as you will see. You will visit the interior of the Huaca Huallamarca, a prehispanic construction in the form of a truncated pyramid from the first century before our era, whose function as a ceremonial center was restricted to a priestly elite. In its museum, you can observe mummies, ceramics and various objects that will illustrate how the old Wallas lived (the entry ticket to the Huaca and its museum, is included in the tour). To conclude, you will taste a delicious snack with a magnificent view of the Pacific Ocean
- Bikes with shifts
- Security helmet
- Bilingual guide (English and Spanish)
- 1 Bottle of water
- Snack (1 appetizer or 1 dessert + 1 soft drink)
- Insurance policy for accidents
- Special equipment starting from one-year-old toddler
- Admission ticket to Huaca Huallamarca
- Prices do not include tips. If you are pleased with the service provided by your guide, a tip, although not mandatory, is always pleasantly accepted and appreciated.
- Daily departures at 10:00 am & 2:00 pm
- 3.5 hours
- Wear comfortable clothing or suitable for cycling (try to avoid wearing flip flops)
- Check the weather for your travel season
- Use sunscreen on sunny days and in summer
- Wear a thin coat in winter
- Arrive at the meeting point at least 15 minutes before departure time (we want to start on time)
- The bikes have a limited capacity basket (approximately 25x25x25 cm) to store your belongings, the provider doesn't have a storage place for other objects
- The use of the safety helmet is mandatory while riding the bicycle
Terms of Reservation:
- Minimum 2 days before.
Terms of Cancellation:
- We offer 100% refund of the reservation, as long as it is canceled with a minimum of 72 hours in advance of the day of the tour.
- You can change the date or schedule with advance notice without penalty.
- Unfortunately, we are not able to make any refund within 72 hours prior to the day of the tour. Also, in the case of not showing up at the date and time of the tour booked, no refund will be issued nor will the date or time be rescheduled.
- The weather is moderate almost the whole year long and with very low rainfall, so the tours are not canceled due to weather conditions.
- Our tours departure at the exact time established; the customer must comply with being present at the meeting point no later than the departure time specified in the reservation; otherwise, it will be considered as a no-show to the tour, with no chance for a refund or date or time reschedule. We recommend arriving at the meeting point at least 15 minutes before departure time.
- In the unlikely event that the tour cannot be accomplished for reasons beyond the company due to terrorism, natural disasters, unstable political circumstances or other external events, we offer the following options: rescheduling the date or time of the booked tour; change the chosen tour, or the 100% refund of the reservation. We are not responsible for the expenses you may incur as a result of your reservation, including, but not limited to, mobility, food, lodging, among others.
- If you require a tour in another language, please contact us before making your reservation, to confirm language availability.
- Kids from 1 to 4 years old (with a maximum weight of 17 kilos) can join the tour at no cost. We have baby seats, installed at the rear of the bikes. When making your reservation, request the baby seats in the additional information option.
- The provider has special bike trailers for kids from 5 to 11 years old (regular fare). Please contact us before making your reservation to confirm kid trailers availability.
- Children 12 years or older may use the bikes, as long as they are skilled in riding them across the city (regular fare).
- On Mondays, Huaca Huallamarca is closed so that you will visit a similar Huac instead.
Information about the Local Operator:
We only select the best tour operators whose services comply with our security standards, good equipment and a fair price for every destination.
After having made the purchase you receive an e-mail with the complete contact information of the local tour operator.