Welcome to this Lima food tour that will show you some of the gastronomic highlights of Peru in a short tour, perfect for everyone that does not have too much time in Lima but wants to learn more about the excellent Peruvian gastronomy. Starting in Miraflores, during the food tour you will walk to the market in Surquillo where you will try exotic fruits and some of the most popular Peruvian dishes and drinks. You'll be fascinated by the enormous variety of fruits, vegetables and other products you can find in this market.
Meeting point: Kennedy Park in front to the Parroquia Virgen Milagrosa at 10:00 am
At 10:00 am you will meet up with your guide who will be wearing a blue shirt of exploorperu and hold a small blackboard. From here, you will walk to the market of Surquillo and on the way the guide will tell you the most important facts about Miraflores and the surrounding districts. Once you arrived at the market, the food tour will begin and you will try 3 exotic fruits that you have most likely never seen before. At 11:30 am, you will visit a Cevichería where a Peruvian chef will demonstrate the preparation of a Ceviche, Arroz con Mariscos and Causa Limeña con pulpo de cangrejo. First, you will learn how the dishes are prepared and once your mouth is watering you can eat them. You will also try the Inca Kola and Chicha Morada, two very popular beverages in Peru. After having tried the dishes, you will move on and finish the Lima food tour with a delicious ice cream or a coffee. The tour will finish between 1:10 pm and 1:30 pm and you will be back at the Kennedy Park.
- Visit a typical Peruvian market in Surquillo
- Official, bilingual tour guide (English & Spanish)
- Exotic fruit tasting and typical Peruvian food preparation & tasting:
- Arroz con Mariscos (A sumptuous mix of fresh seafood and rice tossed in a Peruvian-spiced cream sauce )
- Ceviche (Peru’s national dish! Fresh raw fish marinated in lime juice)
- Causa Limeña (Peruvian layered potato dish stuffed with crab meat)
- Inca Kola (traditional Peruvian cola)
- Chicha Morada (purple corn drink with fruits and spices)
- Ice cream desert
Every day at 10:00 am
- Sunglasses, sunscreen and a hat
- Inform about any medical restriction in your diet or/and any health problem.
Terms of Reservation:
- Minimum 2 days before
- Minimum 2 people (if you are a solo traveller the price will be $73)
Terms of Cancellation:
- Cancellation within 7-3 days: 100 % of total payment.
- Cancellation less than 3 days: 40% of total payment.
- Cancellation at the day of the tour: No money refund (“no show up”)
- Ask for a group discount if you are a more than 7 people.
Information about the Local Guide:
We only select the best guides whose services comply with our security standards, good equipment and a fair price for every destination.