City: Cusco, Mountains // Activities: Cooking class, local market tour, chocolate workshop, pisco tasting, ceviche class //
This food tour in Cusco will be the culinary highlight of your Peru trip. You will visit the famous local market "San Pedro" in Cusco and you will learn how to prepare some of Peru's most delicious dishes, such as Arroz con Pollo, Lomo Saltado or Ají de Gallina. In this occasion, you will also learn how to prepare a Pisco Sour, Peru's most popular cocktail. After having learned all the tips and tricks about the prepared dishes, you will continue will a chocolate workshop, a Pisco tasting and a preparation of a typical Ceviche on the next day (note: the itinerary is flexible; you can also do it all on one day or on 2 days, whatever suits your itinerary best). You will certainly not just learn a lot about the Peruvian gastronomy and its history but you will rather start to fall in love with it.
You can choose one of the following menus for your Peruvian cooking class in Cusco:
Pisco Sour or Fruit Juice, Huancaína Potatoe (Papa a la Huancaína), Rice with chicken (Arroz con pollo) and Chocolate Fondue
Pisco Sour or Fruit Juice, Corn cream (Crema de choclo), Lomo Saltado with French Fries and Chocolate Fondue
Pisco Sour or Fruit Juice, Soltero de habas, Ají de gallina and Chocolate fondue
- Guided visit to the local market of San Pedro
- Peruvian cooking class and the dinner with all the ingredients
- Interactive chocolate workshop of 2 hours in Cusco's chocolate museum (ChocoMuseo)
- One beverage or a desert in their cafeteria
- Interactive workshop of 2 hours in the Pisco museum (Museo del Pisco) with a tasting of 4 different Piscos
- Preparation of a Ceviche or a Tiradito
- The vine (can be ordered apart) and other alcoholic drinks for the cooking class.
- Local market visit & Peruvian cooking class: 5:30 pm - 9:30 pm
- Chocolate workshop, Pisco tasting & Ceviche preparation: Everyday at 11:00 am, 1:30 pm and 4:00 pm
- Both activities take 4 hours each (8 hours in total, can be done on the same day or on different days)
Terms of Reservation:
- Minimum 1 day before
Terms of Cancellation:
- Minimum 1 day before
- Let us know if you have any allergy and/or food restriction
- In case you speak another language than English or Spanish please let the operator know as soon as possible.
Information about the Local Operator:
We only select the best tour operators whose services comply with our security standards, good equipment and a fair price for every destination.
After having made the purchase you receive an e-mail with the complete contact information of the local tour operator.