City: Cusco, Mountains // Activities: Visit of the Perolniyoc waterfall & Inca ruins //
This day tour to the Perolniyoc waterfall proves that hiking in fascinating and untouched places while discovering Inca ruins in the highlands doesn’t require waking up as early as most of the other hiking tours demand it. Enjoy a short half day trek close to Cusco, without altitude issues as this site is lower than Cusco. This day tour combines nature and culture into an experience that is perfectly made for hiking lovers with the desire of cultural enrichment. Apart from the stunning Perolniyoc waterfall, you will also visit the Inca ruins that are directly above it. This setting offers the perfect scenery to enjoy a picnic with a view over the entire valley. On the way home to Cusco, you will stop at a local’s place where you will be taught how Chicha, the beer of the Incas, is made according to a local traditional recipe.
After having been picked up from your hotel at 7:30 am, we will be on the road for approximately 2 hours until arriving at the trailhead. Here, our guide will make a short briefing regarding the hike and the historical importance of the archaeological site. Perolniyoc is an untouched place in the middle of the valley mostly known by locals but not by travelers. After a short but demanding 55 minute hike of approximately 2 km (1.24 miles), we will start to feel embraced by the water dust that is falling down 50 meters (164 feet), a beautiful waterfall in a canyon. We will spend around 20 minutes at the waterfall before we continue hiking for another 2 km (1.24 miles) to the next magical place, Inca ruins that are located directly above the waterfall (3645 meter, 11.958 ft.). Our guide will have plenty of myths and stories to teach you more about the interesting history of the Incas. This will take us another 55 minutes, reaching the viewpoint shortly before 12:00 pm.
This is the perfect place and the perfect time to enjoy a memorable picnic with a breathtaking view over the entire valley while having the Inca ruins behind us. At around 12:30, we will head back to the parking lot. Today’s achievement has to be celebrated and there is nothing better to do so on our way back to Cusco at a local’s place. Here, you will be taught the lessons of the Chicha, the beer (approx. 3% alcohol) of the Incas, which is made with local ingredients and traditional processes. From here, it will take us 1.5 hours so that we reach Cusco in the afternoon at around 3:30 pm, being enriched with natural and cultural impressions that will stay for a lifetime.
- Private transport with hotel pick-up from all hotels close to the Plaza de Armas (see "Pickup / Drop-off" info below)
- Fluent English/ Spanish speaking local guide
- Local snack + coca leaves
- Trekking poles
- Communication radios
- First aid kit (no oxygen necessary at this altitude)
- Poncho for taking pictures (pictures will be shared with you after the tour via Dropbox)
- 7:30 am - 3:30 pm
Half day tour
- Bring a raincape and adequate clothes according to the weather
- Use sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat
- Don't forget your camera and binoculars
- Bring sufficient water and some extra money
Terms of Reservation:
- If you want to book for 3 people or more please use the discount code "3PER" during checkout and you'll get $4 off per person.
- Minimum 1 day before
- Minimum 2 people
If you buy the group tour and there are not minimum 2 people in total you have the option to:
- postpone the date of the tour
- receive a refund
- pay the difference to the private tour and do the private tour
Terms of Cancellation:
- If you cancel up to 3 days before the start of the tour, you'll receive a 100% refund.
- If you cancel less than 3 days before the start of the tour, you'll receive a 40% refund.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the start of the tour, there won't be any refunds.
Pickup / Drop-off:
- Pickup from your hotel (only if your hotel is close to the city center of Cusco. In case you stay further away, meet up at the Plaza de Armas - taxi cost approx. 10-15 Soles)
- Drop-off at Plaza de Armas
- Private tours include pickup from- and drop-off at the hotel.
- We are not to be hold liable in case of delayed flights, inconveniences with train schedules or bad weather.
Exploor's Exclusive tours combine unique experiences with great deals and are operated directly by Exploor.
Information about the Local Guides:
We only select the best guides whose services comply with our quality and security standards.