City: Cusco, Mountains // Activities: Trekking //
Please read our blog post about the two rainbow mountain tours for more info.
You will have a great time with this tour to the famous
Difficulty of trek: medium - difficult
If you're looking for an alternative that is not that difficult and where you only hike for 1 hour, you should check out the alternative rainbow mountain trek.
The pick up at your hotel (from all hotels except the ones in the district of Santiago) is from 04:00 am to 05:00 am and the trip will be around 3 hours by car. You will be passing through the Pitumarka District, with the final destination being the camp of Quesiuno where you will be served a rich and energetic breakfast buffet, to start with the trekking tour in the morning.
At this point your adventure will begin, the hike will be approximately 3 hours where you will appreciate beautiful landscapes full of streams, mountains and lagoons. Once you arrive at the beautiful Vinicunca mountain (5,029 m) or rainbow mountain you will have some time to take some unforgettable shots. In addition, you will the chance to observe the astonishing Apu Ausangate, a 6000m snow-covered mountain.
Afterwards, you will descend again to the camp of Quesiuno, where you will have a well-deserved lunch. Finally, you will return to the city of Cusco and arrive at approximately 6:30 pm.
- Roundtrip transportation
- Hotel pick-up from all the hotels close to the center (except the ones that are in the district of Santiago)
- 1 breakfast buffet (fruit juices, bread, cheese, bacon, milk)
- 1 lunch buffet (salads, rice, chicken, beef, pasta, deserts (such as milk rice))
- Professional tourist guide
- Oxygen in case of emergency
- Entrance to the Rainbow Mountain (S/. 5 for Peruvians, S/. 10 for foreigners)
- Horse rental
- 3:00 am / 3:30 am - 6:30 pm
- Take a raincoat and warm clothes with you
- Bring snacks and beverages
- Bring oxygen
Terms of Reservation:
- Minimum 1 day before
Terms of Cancellation:
- Refund of 100% up to 1 day before.
- In the case of flight delays, inconveniences with train schedule or bad weather (rain, landslides, etc.) the provider
Information about the Local Operator:
We only select the best tour operators whose services comply with our security standards, good equipment and a fair price for every destination.
After having made the purchase you receive an e-mail with the complete contact information of the local tour operator.