City: Cusco, Mountains // Activities: Trekking //
Why you'll love this experience:
|Arrival||With other groups||Be one of the first ones up there|
|Guide||Professional||The best one possible|
|Participants ES/EN (%)||70/30||5/95|
|Transport with||Large van to bus||Small to large van|
At around 3:30 am, you will be picked up from your hotel in Cusco (please be ready from 3:15 am onwards). Then, you will be on the road for around 3.5 hours. During the trip by bus, you can see the beautiful landscapes, typical villages of the Andes, amazing mountains, valleys and crop fields. You will stop in the colonial town of Mollepata for breakfast.
Afterwards, you will start the hiking tour (Soraypampa 3800 m) which takes 2 hours until reaching the lake. On the way to the Humantay lake, you will see the snow-capped Salkantay (6375 m), the Humantay mountain (5835 masl), inter-Andean valleys surrounded by mountains and the unique flora and fauna of the Andes. When you reach the highest point of 4200 m (Humantay Lake), you will have enough time to enjoy it, explore the surroundings and take many photos. Then, you will descend 1 hour to take the bus and return to Molletpata where a delicious lunch awaits you. Afterwards, you will return to Cusco so that you arrive at approximately 6:00 pm.
- Private transport with hotel pick-up from all hotels close to the Plaza de Armas (see "Pickup / Drop-off" info below)
- Fluent English/ Spanish speaking local guide
- Visit of the Humantay lake
- Breakfast and lunch
- Trekking poles
- Local snacks and a coca tea when arriving at the lake
- First-aid kit and oxygen
- Communication radios
- Entrance to Salkantay trek (cost: S/ 10 per person)
- Bring your backpack, a rain cape and layers of clothes so you'll be warm
- Take gloves, a hat, hiking shoes + an extra pair of socks with you (in case of snow) and if you want to you can bring hiking poles as well
- Bring sunscreen, sunglasses and some extra money
- Pack some snacks and coca leaves
Terms of Reservation:
- If you want to book for 3 people or more please use the discount code "3HUM" during checkout and you'll get $10 off per person.
Minimum 1 day before
- Minimum 2 people
If you buy the group tour and there are not minimum 2 people in total you have the option to:
- postpone the date of the tour
- receive a refund
- pay the difference to the private tour and do the private tour
Terms of Cancellation:
- If you cancel up to 3 days before the start of the tour, you'll receive a 100% refund.
- If you cancel less than 3 days before the start of the tour, you'll receive a 40% refund.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the start of the tour, there won't be any refunds.
Pickup / Drop-off:
- Pickup from your hotel (only if your hotel is close to the city center of Cusco. In case you stay further away, meet up at the Plaza de Armas - taxi cost approx. 10-15 Soles)
- Drop-off at Plaza de Armas (due to the rush hour that might leave you waiting 1-2 hours in the van in case we'd drop-off every participant)
- Private tours include pickup from- and drop-off at the hotel.
- We are not to be hold liable in case of delayed flights, inconveniences with train schedules or bad weather.
Exploor's Exclusive tours combine unique experiences with great deals and are operated directly by Exploor.
Information about the Local Guides:
We only select the best guides whose services comply with our quality and security standards.