City: Cusco, Mountains // Activities: Trekking // Total hiking time: 1.5 - 2 h (6 km hike)
Why you'll love this experience:
Be one of the first ones to arrive at the Humantay lake.
You get 2 hiking poles each to hike up without problems.
Our guide leads you to spots that are perfect for couple pictures without tourists in the background.
|Arrival||With other groups||Be one of the first ones up there|
|Guide||Regular||Professional with insider knowledge|
|Transport with||Large van to bus||Small to large van|
The Humantay Lake (4,200 m) is one of the best tourist attractions in Cusco. Now, how does an unforgettable trekking tour in Cusco's mountains to this impressive lagoon sound? With us, you will be one of the first ones on the mountain to enjoy this beautiful landscape almost for yourself.
Our tour guide will hike in a flexible pace adapted to your needs until reaching the Humantay lake, no matter if you're a beginner or a pro hiker. Within two hours of hiking, you will explore off the normal path spots for incredible photos of the lake and its surroundings. And with some luck you might even be able to see the Salkantay mountain, Cusco's second highest mountain (20,574 ft / 6,271 m). We’ll descend after having spent around 1 hour at the lake, seeing large groups on the way up when we’re done already. Are you ready to get to know the beautiful Humantay Lake before the crowds arrive?
3:30 am: Pick-up from your hotel in Cusco
5:35 am: Breakfast with an incredible view over the valley
7:40 am: Arrival at parking lot + Briefing
10:10 am: Visit of the Humantay Lake, diverse lookouts and a break with tea and local snacks
11:20 am: Head back to the car
1:50 pm: Lunch in local restaurant
3:30 pm: Arrival in Cusco and drop-off at your hotel
Note: All times are approximations. For a more detailed description, feel free to check out our blog post about the Humantay lake tour.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off by professional driver
- Fluent English speaking licensed local guide
- Small group tour with 2-8 people
- Visit of the Humantay lake
- Breakfast and lunch (vegetarian and vegan food options available)
- Trekking poles
- First-aid kit and oxygen
- Entrance to Humantay Lake area (S/ 20)
- Tips for your guide
- Bring your backpack, a rain cape and layers of clothes so you'll be warm
- Take gloves, a hat, hiking shoes, hiking clothes and if you want to you can bring your hiking poles as well
- If you don't want to hike up you can rent a horse for S/ 70 - 90 that will take you almost to the end of the hike.
- Bring sunscreen, sunglasses and some extra money
- Pack some snacks
Terms of Reservation:
If you want to book for 3 people or more please use the discount code "3HUM" during checkout and you'll get $5 off per person.
Due to high demand during the high season, please book your tour at least 48 hours in advance to guarantee a spot. We accept all reservations until 2:00 pm on the day before the tour (only if you send us the required information asked by us in our confirmation mail until 2:00 pm).
After the booking has been made, please respond to our automatic email asking about necessary information for the tour, such as pickup spot, food preferences and more.
- Minimum 2 people
- Minimum age is 12 years old
If you buy the group tour and there are not minimum 2 people in total you have the option to:
- postpone the date of the tour
- receive a refund
- pay the difference to the private tour and do the private tour
Terms of Cancellation:
- If you cancel less than 3 days before the start of your tour, there won’t be any refunds.
- If you cancel between 3-7 days before the start of your tour, we will refund 50%.
- If you cancel more than 7 days before the start of the tour, we will refund 100%.
- Changing the date of your tour costs $20 per traveler and is subject to availability.
- We offer 100% flexibility for private tours.
- We don’t issue refunds in case of delayed flights, inconveniences with train schedules, bad weather or sudden strikes that affect the tour.
- For security reasons, we don't allow drones during group tours, only during private tours.
COVID-19 health & safety measures:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas and in the car
- Face masks required for guides and drivers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff