City: Cusco, Mountains // Activities: Visit of Machu Picchu, Visit of Pisac, Moray, Salt Mines of Maras & Ollantaytambo //
The sacred valley of the Incas and the famous Machu Picchu are waiting for you. Get to the most famous touristic sites of Cusco with this 2-day tour showing you Pisac, the archaeological site of Moray, the salt mines of Maras and Ollantaytambo. The other highlight of the tour will be Machu Picchu, the most popular tourist attraction in Peru and one of the seven wonders of the world. Enjoy a day trip to Machu Picchu from Cusco learning about its history, what daily life was like for the Incas and how it was discovered by Hiram Bingham. If you want to climb up Huayna Picchu as well and enjoy a breathtaking view from there, make sure to select that option in the dropdown field above.
*the following itinerary is just exemplary; you're free to choose the order of the activities/tours.
DAY 1: SACRED VALLEY DAY TOUR
You will be picked up from your hotel in Cusco at 6:30 am before you will head to the town of Pisac to visit one of the most imposing archaeological sites of the Sacred Valley of the Incas. Here, you can see wonderful architecture and enjoy unique views of the valley from the top. The next stop is the artisan market of Pisac, where you can find typical souvenirs. Afterwards, you will get to know the archaeological site of Moray. Here, you will face a construction that is a clear proof of the extraordinary agricultural progresses that the ancient Peruvians had regarding the management of climates, soils and humidity. The salt mines of Maras, which are not far from Moray, are the next highlight on this tour. Together with your guide, you will enter the mines, learn about its history and have enough time to take some pictures. If you want to, you can buy some of the special salt to take it home and use it for cooking.
Then, you will continue to Urubamba to get some lunch. Once you're ready to go, you will head to Ollantaytambo, a very important temple for the Inca known as "the living city of the Incas". You will explore its ceremonial centres, walk along its narrow paths and find out the history behind it. Now that you have visited the last site of the tour, you can either return tu Cusco with the guide at 5:30 pm, stay in Ollantaytambo or head on to Aguas Calientes.
DAY 2: MACHU PICCHU DAY TOUR
- 03:50 am: Pick up at the hotel (for all the hotels close to the Plaza de Armas)
- 04:00 am: Trip to Ollantaytambo
- 06:40 am: Trip to Machu Picchu
- 08:00 am: Arrival to the town of Aguas Calientes Machu Picchu
- 08:30 am: Ascend in the bus to the citadel of Machu Picchu.
- 09:10 am: Entrance to the citadel of Machu Picchu
- 12:00 pm: Downhill in bus to the town of Machu Picchu
- 12:30 pm: Arrival to the town of Aguas Calientes
- 1:00 pm: Lunch (not included)
- 2:30 pm o 19:00 pm: Departure to Ollantaytambo
- 4:00 pm o 20:30 pm: Arrival to Ollantaytambo
- 6:00 pm o 22:00 pm: Arrival to the City of Cusco
Sacred Valley Tour:
- Private transport from and to your hotel in Cusco
- Fluent English/ Spanish speaking indigenous guide(s)
- Lunch buffet
Machu Picchu Tour:
- Roundtrip tourist train tickets
- Transfer from the hotel (for all the hotels close to the Plaza de Armas)
- Transportation Cusco/Ollantaytambo/Cusco
- Professional bilingual tourist guide
- Transfer in Aguas Calientes
- Entrance to Machu Picchu sanctuary
- Roundtrip in bus CONSETUR
- Optional: Entrance to Huayna Picchu
Sacred Valley Tour:
- Tourist ticket (partial ticket S/ 70, general ticket S/ 130 per person)
- Entrance to Maras Salt Mines (S/ 10 per person)
Machu Picchu Tour:
- Accommodation in Aguas Calientes or Ollantaytambo
- you have the option to check for recommended places here
- or head back to Cusco and leave with the van in the morning to Ollantaytambo
- Sacred Valley Tour: 6:30 am - 5:30 pm
- Machu Picchu Tour: Everyday from 03:50 am to 10:00 pm
Two 1-Day Tours
- Bring a raincape and adequate clothes according to the weather
- Use sunscreen, repellent, sunglasses and a hat
- Don't forget your camera and binoculars
- Bring sufficient water and some extra money
- Use one backpack or briefcase per person
Terms of Reservation:
- Minimum 1 week before (so that the train tickets can be reserved before).
- In case you would like to climb the Huayna Picchu, please make your reservation at least 2 months in advance.
- Minimum 2 people in order to reserve this tour.
Terms of Cancellation:
- If you booked the tourist train to Machu Picchu it will only be possible to refund 70% if cancelled 1 week before the tour and 50% if it is 5 days before the tour.
- In case the entrance tickets (Machu Picchu and/or Huayna Picchu) are bought by us already (Tickets that include Huayna Picchu: normally 2 months in advance to avoid booking problems due to the daily Huayna Picchu limit; Machu Picchu: approx. 1 week in advance during low season and 2 weeks during high season), the price of those tickets cannot be returned or claimed.
- In the case of flight delays, inconveniences with the train schedule or bad weather (rain, landslides, etc.) the provider neither we are not responsible.
- There are two-time slots for visits to Machu Picchu:
- 6:00 - 12:00 y 12:00 - 17:30
- If you want to go to Huayna Picchu please consider the following:
- You have to make your reservation at least 2 months before
- There are 2 schedules:
- 7:00 am - 8:00 am
- 10:00 am - 11:00 am
Information about the Local Guides:
We only select the best guides whose services comply with our security standards, good equipment and a fair price for every destination.
After having made the purchase you receive an e-mail with the complete contact information of the local guide.