City: Puno, Mountains // Activities: City tour //
During this half day tour you will get to know Sullustanti, a pre-Incan cemetery that is located 33 km away from Puno's city center. It lies on the shore of Lake Umayo and consists of various "chullpas", which are the tombs where the people collected the remains of entire families, such as gold, silver and even food, in order to immortalise the dead. These chullpas can be up to 12m high and are certainly a very unique tomb. Get to know more about the interesting history that Puno has to offer!
Validity: Buy TODAY and you have up to 5 months to reserve the experience.
Minimum 2 people.
At 2:00 pm the sightseeing tour to the Sillustani cemetery begins. It is a cemetery where impressive tombs of the Qulla culture can be seen. You will also get to know the Lake Umayo. You will have enough time to take some pictures and to enjoy the views. Around 5:00 pm you will return to your hotel.
- Tourist transportation and hotel pick-up
- Professional, bilingual tour guide (English and Spanish)
- Entrance fee
- Personal assistance
- 2:00 pm - 5:30 pm
- Comfortable sneakers for walking and light clothing for the mornings but winter clothing for cold night
- Sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat
- Eat light meals, drink a lot of water
- You might want to drink coca leaf tea (this helps to fight against high altitude sickness)
Terms of Reservation:
- Minimum 2 days before
- Minimum 2 people
Terms of Cancelation:
- If you cancel up to 3 days before the start of the tour, you'll receive a 100% refund.
- If you cancel less than 3 days before the start of the tour, you'll receive a 50% refund.
Information about the Local Operator:
We only select the best tour operators whose services comply with our security standards, good equipment and a fair price for every destination.
After having made the purchase you receive an e-mail with the complete contact information of the local tour operator.
"Chullpas" By Unukorno - Own work, CC BY 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=30189884
"Chullpas" By Unukorno - Own work, CC BY 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=30189770
"Chullpa" By Unukorno - Own work, CC BY 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=30189681
"círculo de piedras / stone circle" By Unukorno - Own work, CC BY 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=30189628