City: Cusco, Mountains // Activities: Quad bike tour, visit of Moray and Maras salt mines //
Why you'll love this experience:
Our itinerary is unique and allows you to be at Maras without the large tourist groups!
Ride on modern and well-maintained ATVs up to 45 km/h (28 mph).
Perfect mix of adventure and sightseeing.
|Morning ATV tour||Afternoon ATV tour|
|7:00 am: Pickup from Plaza de Armas||1:00 pm: Pickup from Plaza de Armas|
|8:30 am: Arrival at Maras salt mines (S/ 10 entrance fee) by van (not ATV) to visit the site without large tourist groups around. We'll only go to the viewpoint, it's forbidden to enter the salt mines.||2:30 pm: Arrival at the base with ATV instruction, security briefing and start of the tour.|
|9:30 am: Heading to the ATV base||3:15 pm: Arrival at Moray (S/ 70 entrance fee) and approx. 30 minutes time on the site|
|9:50 am: ATV instruction, security briefing and start of the ATV tour.||3:45 pm: Heading to Maras salt mines|
|10:45 am: Arrival to Moray (S/ 70 entrance fee) and approx. 30 minutes time on the site||4:15 pm: Arrival at Maras salt mines (S/ 10 entrance fee) by ATV to visit the site without large tourist groups around (they usually arrive at 11:00 am). We'll only go to the viewpoint, it's forbidden to enter the salt mines.|
|11:15 am: Returning to the ATV base||5:15 pm: Returning to the ATV base|
|12:00 pm: Arrival at ATV base and return to Cusco||5:40 pm: Arrival at the ATV base and return to Cusco.|
|1:00 pm: Arrival in Cusco (drop-off 1 block from main square) at Plaza Regocijo||6:40 pm: Arrival in Cusco (drop-off 1 block from main square) at Plaza Regocijo|
- Roundtrip private transportation from Cusco*
- Visit of Moray and Maras (entrance is not included)
- Aprox. 1 hour on a modern and well maintained 250CC Honda/Yamaha ATV
- Helmet with glasses and gloves for driving
- Professional bilingual guide for the quad biking (he will not guide you through Maras and Moray, you will do this on your own)
- First-aid kit and bottled mineral water
*the private tour includes hotel pickup for all hotels in Cusco.
- Personal accident insurance and ATV insurance (not possible to purchase it from us)
- Tips for your guide
- Entrance to (cash payment at destination itself):
S/ 70 (for foreigners), S/ 40 (for Peruvians); if you have the Cusco tourist ticket you don't have to pay for the entrance.
- Maras S/ 10
- Everyday from 7:00 am - 1:00 pm or from 1:00 pm - 6:45 pm
- Pickup in the morning: 7:00 am from Plaza de Armas
- Pickup in the afternoon: 1:00 pm from Plaza de Armas
Terms of Reservation:
- Due to high demand during the high season, please book your tour at least 48 hours in advance to guarantee a spot.
- Minimum age is 18 years. In case it is for persons underage, the ATV has to be shared and driven by an adult (example: father + son).
- After the booking has been made, please respond to our automatic email asking about necessary information for the tour, such as pickup spot, food preferences and more.
Terms of Cancellation:
- You will receive a refund of 100% if you cancel the ATV tour up to 1 day before.
Pickup / Drop-off:
- Pickup from Plaza de Armas
- Drop-off at Plaza de Armas or Plaza de Regocijo
- Meetup point Cruz Pata
- If you want to be picked up from- and brought back to Urubamba the transport costs are S/ 70 each way (S/ 140 in total) for up to 4 people. If you are more than 4 people, the transport costs are S/ 90 each way (S/ 180 in total), respectively.
- In the case of flight delays, inconveniences with the train schedule or bad weather (rain, landslides, etc.) the provider
- No driver's license needed
- Maximum speed of the ATV is 45 km/h (28 mph) and maximum weight 90 kg (199 lbs) per person.
- The maximum group size is between 10-15 people.