City: Cusco, Mountains // Activities: Visit of Machu Picchu, Visit of Pisac, Moray, Salt Mines of Maras & Ollantaytambo //
With this 2-day tour you will get to know the stunning Sacred Valley of the Incas and the famous Machu Picchu. You will explore some of the most famous touristic sites of Cusco, such as Pisac, the archaeological site of Moray, the salt mines of Maras and Ollantaytambo. After that, you will experience one of the most impressive train rides in the world. Looking our of the window, you can see the unique Andean mountain landscape until reaching the town of Aguas Calientes. Here, you wil get ready for the tour to Machu Picchu, the most popular tourist attraction in Peru and one of the seven wonders of the world. You will learn about its history, what daily life was like for the Incas and how it was discovered by Hiram Bingham. If you want to enjoy a breathtaking views of Machu Picchu make sure to add Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain to your tour.
If you want to know more about how to get to Machu Picchu, please consider reading our blog about the different train options to Machu Picchu that we offer.
Please let us know whether you would like to have your guided tour in the morning or in the afternoon.
|Departure time of train||Return time of train|
|5:05 am||2:55 pm, 4:22 pm|
|7:00 pm (the night before from Ollantaytambo)||6:20 pm|
|Departure time of train||Return time of train|
|7:05 am||4:22 pm|
6:30 am: Pick-up from your hotel in Cusco
7:25 am: Pisac (WC available; market visit only on Sundays)
10:00 am: Visit of Moray (WC available)
11:25 am: Visit of the Salt Mines of Maras (WC available)
1:10 pm: Lunch in Urubamba (WC available)
2:30 pm: Ollantaytambo (WC available)
4:20 pm: Drop-off at train station in Ollantaytambo (WC available)
6:15 pm: Arrival at your hotel in Aguas Calientes
Note: All times are approximations.
Then, you will return to the town of Aguas Calientes and you have the option to eat in one of the many restaurants (not included). Afterwards, you will take the train back and arrive in Poroy or in Ollantaytambo (please arrive at the station 30 minutes before the departure time of your train). When you arrive at the train station in Poroy/Ollantaytambo, please leave the station because outside our driver will be waiting for you to take you to your hotel in Cusco.
- Airport pickup and transport to your hotel in Cusco (only Cusco city center)
Sacred Valley Tour:
- Private transport with pickup from your hotel in Cusco
- Fluent English/ Spanish speaking local guide
- Small group tour
- Entrance to Maras Salt Mines (S/ 10 per person)
- Artisanal chocolate snack
- Lunch buffet
- Drop-off at Ollantaytambo train station
Machu Picchu Tour:
- Accommodation in Aguas Calientes in a double bed or twin bed 3* hotel (Panorama B&B or equivalent) with breakfast (please select above)
- Private tour with an English-speaking guide
- Round trip train tickets
- Private transfer from the train station in Poroy/Ollantaytambo back to your hotel in Cusco
- Bus transfer from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu
- Entrance to Machu Picchu Sanctuary
- Breakfast and dinner on day 1, lunch and dinner on day 2
- Cusco tourist ticket (partial ticket S/ 70, general ticket S/ 130 per person) for the Sacred Valley day tour and entrance to Maras Salt Mines (S/ 10 per person)
- Entrance ticket to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain (please select above if you want to include it)
- Starting at 6:30 am on day 1 and ending in the afternoon/at night on day 2
- Bring your original passport and TAM (the little sheet of paper you get when arriving in Peru) for the hotel registration
- Bring a raincape and adequate clothes according to the weather
- Use sunscreen, repellent, sunglasses and a hat
- Don't forget your camera and binoculars
- Bring sufficient water and some extra money
- Only use hand luggage for your tour to Machu Picchu, no big suitcases please (you can leave them at your hotel)
Terms of Reservation:
- Minimum 2 weeks before (so that the train tickets can be reserved before).
- The times of the trains mentioned above are subject to availability.
- In case you would like to climb the Huayna Picchu, please make your reservation at least 2 months in advance.
- Minimum 2 people in order to reserve this tour.
- Not available on the 24th, 25th, 31st of December and 1st of January
Terms of Cancellation:
- If you cancel minimum 5 days before the start of the tour you will receive a refund of 50% (only in case the train tickets haven't been bought yet). In case the entrance tickets (Machu Picchu and/or Huayna Picchu) are bought by us already (tickets that include Huayna Picchu: normally 2 months in advance to avoid booking problems due to the daily Huayna Picchu limit; Machu Picchu: approx. 1 week in advance during low season and 2 weeks during high season), the price of those tickets cannot be returned or claimed.
- If you cancel min. 30 days before the start of the tour you will receive a full refund. If you cancel less than 30 days before the start of the tour there won't be a refund.
- If you want to go to Huayna Picchu (you have to make your reservation approx. 2 months before) or to Machu Picchu Mountain you will visit the archaeological complex of Machu Picchu for 2 hours with our guide before he will drop you off at the starting point of either Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain. Also, please consider the following:
- There are 2 schedules:
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu/Machu Picchu Mountain at 8:00 am means entering Machu Picchu at 6:00 am and taking your return train at 2:00 pm.
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu/Machu Picchu Mountain at 10:00 am means entering Machu Picchu at 8:00 am and taking your return train at 4:00 pm.
- The entrance times have been fixed like this by the government and can't be changed.
- Once the booking has been made online, it won't be possible to make changes to the train tickets etc. as they will be purchased as soon as possible.
- The seats in the train are chosen by the train company itself; there is no possibility to influence your seat from our side.
- Please let us know if you prefer window seats for the Vistadome train (no guarantee but we will do our best to coordinate accordingly).
- In the case of flight delays, inconveniences with the train schedule or bad weather (rain, landslides, etc.) we do not assume any responsibility.
Pickup / Drop-off:
- Pickup from your hotel (only if your hotel is close to the city center of Cusco. In case you stay further away, meet up at the Plaza de Armas - taxi cost approx. 10-15 Soles)
- Drop-off at Plaza de Armas or Plaza de Regocijo
- Private tours include pickup from- and drop-off at the hotel.