City: Cusco, Mountains // Activities: Trekking to Humantay Lake, Canyon tour in Ananiso Canyon //
Combine Cusco's beautiful Humantay Lake with the impressive and the yet undiscovered Ananiso Canyon. With your tour guide Roger you will start from the city of Soraypampa, exploring all the places on the way until you reach and witness the beauty of the Humantay Lake, located at 4200 m.s.a.l. Besides, you will have a tour along the Salkantay trek and the sacred mountain, which is the second largest mountain in Cusco.During the other tour in Ananiso Canyon, you will be one of the first travelers in contemplating this impressive natural beauty, which is at 124 kilometers to the South from Cusco, and has a height of 4200 m. This canyon has a length of 3 km and a depth of 150 m. Inside the canyon, you can find a landscape with various flora and fauna that will delight your sight and show you the beauty of Cusco's highland.
Difficulty of treks: easy-medium
Validity: Buy TODAY and you have up to 5 months to reserve the experience. Minimum 2 people.
*the following itinerary is just exemplary; you're free to choose the order of the activities/tours.
DAY 1: HUMANTAY LAKE TOUR
At around 4:00 am, you will be picked up from your hotel in Cusco by your local guide. Then, you will be on the road for around 3.5 hours where you can see the beautiful landscapes, typical villages of the Andes, amazing mountains, valleys and crop fields. Once you arrived in Mollepata, you will stop for breakfast.
Then the hike begins! You will start at Soraypampa (3800 m), from where it takes 2 hours to reach the lagoon. On the way to the Humantay lake, you will see the snow-capped Salkantay (6375 m), the Humantay mountain (5835 m) and the unique flora and fauna of the Andes. Once you have reached the highest point of 4200 m (Humantay Lagoon), you will have enough time to explore the surroundings and take some unforgettable photos. Then, you will descend 1 hour to take the bus and return to Molletpata where a delicious lunch awaits you. Afterwards, you will return to Cusco so that you arrive at approximately 6:00 pm.
DAY 2: ANANISO CANYON TOUR
Afterwards, you will walk along the canyon for about 2 hours until getting to the temple with cave paintings. At the exit of the canyon, you will find typical Peruvian animals, such as alpacas and llamas. Once you get to the town of Ananiso, you will eat typical dishes made of local ecological products, such as alpaca meat or fresh trout served with native organic potatoes. Once you are done eating, you will go to the main viewpoint "Waraq Pata" from where you can see the entire canyon. On your way back to Cusco, you will make a stop at the viewpoint "Chihuita Kunka" to see the snowy mountain Ausangate. You will be back in Cusco at 6:00 pm.
- Round trip transportation: Cusco - Soraypampa/ Ananiso Canyon - Cusco
- Fluent English/ Spanish speaking indigenous guide(s)
- Hotel pick-up from all hotels close to the Plaza de Armas
- Visit of the Humantay lagoon
- Breakfast and lunch
- Oxygen and first-aid kit
- Entrance for the Humantay Lake tour (cost: S/.10 per person, around $3)
- Pick up from hotels outside of Cusco
- Accommodation at night
- Humantay Lake tour: 4:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Ananiso Canyon tour: 5:00 am - 6:30 pm
Two 1-day trips
- Use a small trekking backpack, a hat, gloves and a rain cape
- Camera and binoculars
- Take your sunglasses and sunscreen with you
- Bring water and snacks
Terms of Reservation:
- Minimum 1 day before
Terms of Cancellation:
- If you cancel up to 3 days before the start of the tour, you'll receive a 100% refund.
- If you cancel less than 3 days before the start of the tour, you'll receive a 50% refund.
- The operator is not liable in case of delayed flights, inconvenience with train schedules, or bad weather, such as rains, snowfall, landslides, etc.
Information about the Local Operator:
We only select the best tour operators whose services comply with our security standards, good equipment and a fair price for every destination.
After having made the purchase you receive an e-mail with the complete contact information of the local tour operator.