City: Cusco, Mountains // Activities: Trekking to Rainbow Mountains & Humantay Lake //
Why you'll love this experience:
Hike for only 45 minutes instead of 2 hours to the alternative rainbow mountain.
Authentic experience with 3 rainbow mountain instead of just 1.
Be one of the first groups that reach the Humantay Lake.
Small (up to 8) instead of large groups to keep the experience with your guide special.
How about two beautiful days that give you the chance to get to know two of Cusco's top tourist destinations? Visit the Rainbow Mountains and the Humantay lake of Cusco together with your guide and fall in love with the unique nature!
*the following itinerary is just exemplary; you're free to choose the order of the tours with off-days in between (f.e. tour 2, day off, tour 1).
3:45 am: Pick-up from your hotel in Cusco
9:30 am: Arrival at the parking lot (view of the 1st rainbow mountain) + Briefing
10:00 am: Visit of the 2nd rainbow mountain
10:30 am: Visit of the 3rd rainbow mountain
11:00 am: Hike up to the stone forest (optional) with a spectacular view
11:30 am: Head back to the car and drive to the restaurant
1:50 pm: Lunch in local restaurant or box lunch to go (this depends on the time we get to the restaurant. As of now, there is a roadblock on the way to Cusco and if we get to it too late we’d have to wait 3 hours until they open the road again (this is totally out of our control and we hope you understand.) If there is enough time, we’ll have lunch at the restaurant but if not we’ll take a box lunch to go.)
3:30 pm: Arrival in Cusco and drop-off at your hotel
Note: All times are approximations.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off by professional driver
- Fluent English speaking licensed local guide
- Small group tour with 2-8 people
- Breakfast and lunch (vegetarian and vegan food options available)
Alternative Rainbow Mountain tour:
- Visit of potato museum in local community and hike with alpaca or llama (currently not possible due to reasons related to COVID-19)
- Trekking poles
- First-aid kit and oxygen
Humantay Lake tour:
- Trekking poles
- First-aid kit and oxygen
- Entrance to the Rainbow Mountain area and to the Humantay Lake (S/ 20 each)
- Donations to the community (you're welcome to bring unused clothes or pens, notebooks etc.)
- Tips for your guide
- Alternative Rainbow Mountain tour: 3:45 am - 3:30 pm
- Humantay Lake tour: 3:30 am - 3:30 pm
- Bring change in order to pay small expenses, such as for using the restroom or to support the locals by buying their handicrafts (from 4 up to 100 soles). Donations to the community, such as old clothes or utilities, such as pens, notebooks etc. are more than welcome.
- If you don't want to hike up you can rent a horse for S/ 70 - 90 that will take you almost to the end of the hike.
- Clothing: Bring your backpack, a rain cape, gloves, a hat, hiking shoes, an extra pair of socks and wear layers of hiking clothes so you'll be warm
- Bring sunscreen, sunglasses and some extra money
- Pack some snacks
Terms of Reservation:
- Due to high demand during the high season, please book your tour at least 48 hours in advance to guarantee a spot.
- Minimum 2 people
- Minimum age is 12 years old
- After the booking has been made, please respond to our automatic email asking about necessary information for the tour, such as pickup spot, food preferences and more.
If you buy the group tour and there are not minimum 2 people in total you have the option to:
- postpone the date of the tour
- receive a refund
- pay the difference to the private tour and do the private tour
Terms of Cancellation:
- If you cancel less than 3 days before the start of your tour, there won’t be any refunds.
- If you cancel between 3-7 days before the start of your tour, we will refund 50%.
- If you cancel more than 7 days before the start of the tour, we will refund 100%.
- Changing the date of your tour costs $20 per traveler and is subject to availability.
- We offer 100% flexibility for private tours.
- We don’t issue refunds in case of delayed flights, inconveniences with train schedules, bad weather or sudden strikes that affect the tour.
- For security reasons, we don't allow drones during group tours, only during private tours.
- It is possible that the community, as well as the alpaca, are not available due to reasons beyond our control (sickness of community member, family issues or others). The probability is very very low and we are in daily contact with them to make sure everything will be fine for the next day. Still, the probability exists. We are not to be held liable in case no lamas or alpaca will be available or in case of any circumstance arising with the animals. We will proceed with the tour without any refund.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas and in the car
- Face masks required for guides and drivers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff